Student Health and Travel Insurance

Why is it important?

Before you arrive in the UK, we strongly recommend that you take out insurance for your own financial and personal security, even if you come from a European country.

You can take out your own insurance or alternatively you can request insurance when you book your course through our on-line booking system and we will arrange it for you.

If you come from an EU, EEA country or Switzerland you will need to bring your European Health Insurance Card – you need to apply for one in your home country before you come to the UK. The EHIC card only offers limited medical cover – which is why private travel insurance is essential. Please note that when the UK leaves the European Union, the EHIC card may not be valid completely.

CELT is working in partnership with to provide our students with a policy which has been specifically designed to meet your requirements whilst you are studying a language course in the UK.

Cost: £7.00 per week

Policy benefits include: International Insurance provides health insurance coverage for international students studying in the UK who are enrolled and actively attending a course with us. The plan offers comprehensive medical coverage and includes comprehensive inpatient; outpatient; emergency; prescription drug; repatriation of mortal remains and other essential non-medical benefits.

  • 24-hour English-speaking helpline for emergency medical assistance
  • Cancellation or curtailment – cover for unavoidable or necessary costs (including course fees) in the event that you have to cut short or cancel your trip due to unforeseen circumstances
  • Cover for missed or delayed departure
  • Theft, loss or damage to any of your luggage, clothing and personal belongings including valuables, money and travel documents

This table shows the maximum amounts payable under each section:

Cover sectionMaximum amount
Missed Departure£7,500
Emergency Medical & Repatriation Expenses£10,000,000
Personal Accident£115,000
Travel Accident£25,000
Personal Liability£2,000,000
Baggage, Personal Money and Travel Documents£2,000

This is only a summary of the cover provided. The full policy document can be read in full here.

Please note that we cannot be held responsible for loss of property while you are in the school. The insurance we offer through is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.  This can be checked on the FCA register by visiting its website here.