After missing two years because of Covid-19, we are very pleased to be running our Holiday Language Course for young learners once again! So far this summer we’ve welcomed groups of students from Spain, Saudi Arabia, and Italy – as well as individuals – to our language school in Cardiff. The students have become pros at balancing their morning English language tuition with some cultural immersion in the afternoons.
The students go on visits and excursions in and around Cardiff during the week, including Welsh classics like St. Fagan’s National History Museum and Big Pit – whilst Saturdays are saved for longer trips to nearby cities. So far, our students have enjoyed visits to Gloucester, Bath, and Bristol. Last week’s leavers, Daniel and Sofia told us their favourite activities had been bowling and the evening disco.
On Friday, the students soaked up some traditional Welsh culture 300 feet underground at Big Pit!
Here at CELT, we want our young learners to feel supported and engaged – to understand that although language learning may not always be easy, it’s rewarding. So, we asked our teachers to nominate student from each class who they felt had been working especially hard or perhaps had overcome something they had been struggling with. Here are their nominations:
- Lieve felt that Hashim has been working especially hard in her lessons and is making great progress, especially as he’s the youngest in the school!
- Rachel nominated Pau for his consistent hard work and determination in class.
- Fynn thinks that Antonia deserves student of the week for her steadfast dedication in lessons.
- Gauri felt that Hassan has been making excellent progress during his studies at CELT.
- Chloe wanted to nominate Mohammad Alghamdi, as he’s committed to applying his new grammatical knowledge to his spoken English.