Achieving Success In Content and Language Integrated Learning (CLIL) (1 or 2 weeks)
This practical CLIL course is suitable for teachers of academic subjects in English and is listed on the School Education Gateway. The course develops your language confidence and proficiency and examines CLIL methodology and terminology and how these relate to your teaching context, syllabus design, classroom activities and assessment.
This is a combination programme of 15 hours per week of language development in our General English classes (mornings) and 8 hours of methodology and cultural visits in a closed group (afternoons).
The course is very practical and provides you with ideas and materials you can use as soon as you get back home. It will help you to:
- Keep up-to-date with trends in CLIL
- Expand your own portfolio of CLIL-specific classroom techniques and activities
- Increase your own confidence, fluency and use of English.
- Develop your understanding of culture in the UK, including Wales.
- Reflect on your own professional teaching and teaching context.
- Network with teachers from different nationalities and teaching contexts.
Our sample course timetable and course information sheet provide further information about this course. Our Erasmus + Funding Guidelines explain the steps involved in applying for funding.
To book this course, please click here or contact email@example.com
- To develop your own language confidence and proficiency including subject specific vocabulary
- To develop your understanding of CLIL methodology and terminology
- To relate the main principles of CLIL to your own teaching context, syllabus design, classroom activities and assessment
After taking this course, you will:
- Be more confident in your own language use
- Be more aware of the key ideas and terms which are common in CLIL
- Be more versatile in your development of CLIL courses and the use of classroom activities and assessment/tests